Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Was on AT&T since 2007 for the original iPhone, then switched to Verizon for iPhone 5 and more reliable service. On launch day, got iPhone 5s on Verizon.

Apparently, AT&T have improved themselves drastically in the past year or so. Now thinking of going back to them. Have until this Friday to return iPhone 5s and avoid ETF.

Originally wanted gold iPhone 5s, wasn't able to get one on launch day, got the space gray instead. If I switch to AT&T, I'd be ordering the gold and probably waiting for a month, thus being without an iPhone. Such a headache at the moment.

AT&T is a little cheaper, with faster data. Verizon is more expensive, supposedly more reliable, with slower data. I don't travel much.

Do you think it's worth the hassle of switching (somewhat similar) carriers? Do you think AT&T will eventually become the #1 carrier? Who is the best carrier in NYC? How many of you switched to AT&T or Verizon?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. :eek:

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
I work in midtown in NYC and there's no comparison between verizon and att. For some reason I hate verizon. It should be the opposite. But the LTE is useless in NYC and anytime you go indoors you get one bar of service. Switched to att back in May and I couldn't be any happier. Literally zero complaints. Just note that att is superior with their data network. Verizon will always win when it comes to voice. So you just need to decide what's more important, voice or data. For me it's data since my voice minutes are on a huge decline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.