Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geohei

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2009
Hi.

macOS 10.14.2 MBP

I can see my LAN connected Ubuntu 14.04 server inside the Network section of Finder.
However I don't see my Windows 7 shares (several PCs). These PCs are connected to the same LAN.
On other Windows 7 machines inside the LAN, I see all (Windows 7 shares and the Ubuntu server).

Why does Mojave only see the Ubuntu server?

Thanks,

Last edited:

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi.

macOS 10.14.2 MBP

I can see my LAN connected Ubuntu 14.04 server inside the Network section of Finder.
However I don't see my Windows 7 shares (several PCs). These PCs are connected to the same LAN.
On other Windows 7 machines inside the LAN, I see all (Windows 7 shares and the Ubuntu server).

Why does Majave only see the Ubuntu server?

Thanks,

Is your Mac set to use SMB (samba) to connect to shares? In Finder pressing combo Command + K is there a list of favourite shares there? Enter a share full path there precedes with “smb://“ see if it opens the share.

Next check your Windows LAN password (if you’re joined to Active Directory domain) has not expired or locked. Further check your cached LAN credentials within your keychain is up to date/accurate.

There have been random password prompts in Mojave for macOS systems joined to AD domain.

geohei

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

The W7 machine is registered as favorite server. However it only shows up in Finder's "Locations" > "Network" and "Locations" after I mount a share from it.

I don't use AD domains.

There seems to be something different regarding SMB setup of the Ubuntu 14.04 and W7 ?!

Thanks,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.