Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
Is this normal? My new 6X11's gray cover peels off like this. The top part seems to stay connected (I did not pull out any further). My 9X12 does also exhibit the similar peeling off at the lower right edge.
If it peels off altogether, do I have to glue it on to the main unit?
Or, is this a defect?

This is the peel-off pix.
IMG_0150.jpg

This is the close-up on the tablet surface; you can see the gray cover is off the surface. But, the top part seems to stay put with the tablet main unit.
IMG_0151.jpg

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
Not used a intuos but my old graphire cover was transparent and lifted to allow sketching over an image laid underneath. Place something under it, if you can see it then its normal, if not then probably needs fixing.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
Not used a intuos but my old graphire cover was transparent and lifted to allow sketching over an image laid underneath. Place something under it, if you can see it then its normal, if not then probably needs fixing.
This gray cover is not transparent. So, I cannot use it as a tracing purpose.

Also, it seems I can use the tablet with the cover. I touched under that cover with Intuos pen and Intuos recognizes the input. My guess is this cover is to improve surface feel. The gray cover has some rubbery feel to it to give you the feeling of writing on the normal paper (a little bit of resistance between nib and surface).

thebrain74

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
This is happening to mine too. Wacom apparently designed the pads to be replaceable so the adhesive is pretty weak....I guess they think your gonna draw so hard as to make grooves or something. Anyway, the offer replacements (I'm not sure if theyre sticky or not) and theyre somely astronomical like $15 or $18 plus shipping :eek: WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.