Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lrsone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
New York, NY
So I'm wondering if anyone here uses a Wacom pen tablet and has used it with OS X 10.9 GM. Does it work properly, are there any issues? I would like to know as I use my Wacom tablet heavily for work and hobby purposes. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

kb8wfh

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2012
Wacom PTK-440 not working with 10.9 Mavericks

I just upgraded to Mavericks today and its working great with one exception. My PTK-440 Wacom tablet is not working correctly. It sees the stylus and I can move the cursor with it, but it is back in mouse mode. When I went into the system preferences to find out what I could do to correct it, the system preferences app told me it could not find any wacom tablets. Nothing shows up for settings or any attached devices, despite the fact the white light on the tablet wheel is lit and like I said, I can move the house cursor with the stylus.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

cclamer

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
I just upgraded to Mavericks today and its working great with one exception. My PTK-440 Wacom tablet is not working correctly. It sees the stylus and I can move the cursor with it, but it is back in mouse mode. When I went into the system preferences to find out what I could do to correct it, the system preferences app told me it could not find any wacom tablets. Nothing shows up for settings or any attached devices, despite the fact the white light on the tablet wheel is lit and like I said, I can move the house cursor with the stylus.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I had the same problem (pen moved very slowly, not responsive, preference panel said that the tablet was not connected) but I was able to get it to resolve. Here are the steps I took - not sure what fixed it though. First I repaired preferences using disk utility, then I rebooted (a few times actually). Next I went to system preferences and my tablet showed up. I looked at the pen mapping and saw that it was changed to a portion of the screen. Changed it to full screen and everything is working fine.

pierobisson

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2013
Hello,
I have the same problem. How do you repair the preferences system? With the bamboo disk? In the utility disk of OS? How?

Thanks.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
after upgrading to Mavericks, my Wacom Intuos 3 tablet wasn't working fully - cursor tracking really slow and System Preference pane wasn't showing settings and saying tablet not connected.

so I went to the Wacom website and found a new version of the driver, dated this week. so they must have updated things for 10.9 recently. Downloaded and installed the new driver - tablet now working again. btw did not need to repair preferences or reboot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.