Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techster85

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Lubbock, TX
OK, so I am confused about something and I need some help (hence, the post...). Ok so I want a Wacom tablet, but I am confused about what size I really need. I currently have dual 17 inch CRT's, but I am going to upgrade to dual 19 inch widescreen LCD's by the end of the year. Does that even really matter? I am looking at the Intuous3 line and the price really isn't much of a concern (gotta love christmas presents!). The only problem is, I have NO CLUE what size I really need. I want it for photo work, and some graphics work as well. Thanks for the help.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
do you do any sketching or drawing on paper? If you do look at your stroke size . If its small get a small tablet, if its big get a big tablet. Also on the wacom size they have a quiz to tell you the appropriate size.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I have 4X6, 9X12, and 6X11. 4X6 is good for small desk space or with 12" acreen notebook computer. I used to use 9X12 but it is a little too big for my desk (it sticks out from my desk space); so, I just bought 6X11 which fits nicely on my pull-out tray of my computer desk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.