Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phreddyl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2021
East Haven CT
So I have an 11pro. I went pro at the time honestly cause I liked the green and it was smaller than the 11 and I wanted a little smaller. Now I was waiting till the 14 but everything I’m reading says 14 won’t be much different than the 13. I hear the pro is going to be 15% higher than the 13 pro…
I also don’t take a ton of pics so new camera features aren’t a big deal to me.
So I have decided to get the 13 but don’t know if I should wait till after the announcement cause it will be cheaper. 8 also question if I will get less for my 11 pro if I wait. Like will it be a wash and just pull the trigger.
Sigh… I know this is a lot. Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

Reactions: Fozamo

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I realistically don’t think the 13 line will go down in price due to inflation and Apple are going to treat it much like the M1 MacBook Air which released at £999 and is still £999.

If you’re dead set on the 13, just trade in your 11 Pro now and get it.

John981

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2017
I realistically don’t think the 13 line will go down in price due to inflation and Apple are going to treat it much like the M1 MacBook Air which released at £999 and is still £999.

If you’re dead set on the 13, just trade in your 11 Pro now and get it.
Of course it will be cheaper. Apple themselves probably won't give you a great discount, but leftover stock at a variety of retailers will definitely be available. And they're not going to charge the same prices as last year to move the inventory faster.

If you're not super time constrained, I'd say wait a couple of weeks and you definitely have a good chance of getting one cheaper than you would be now.

Reactions: Phreddyl

Phreddyl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2021
East Haven CT
Thank you both. I think I prefer to buy through apple. I want the zero percent financing option. I guess the main question is if I wait- will my trade in be less than it would be now.

Fatus_Asticus

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2021
I think when they add the 13 to the trade in list (after the 14 launches) your current 11 trade would be devalued.

If you're hell bent on buying from apple then I'd probably just do it.

If you want to save the most money I would wait after the 14 launches and the market gets flooded with 13's and buy a used one for the best deal.

Either that or you can wait for a carrier deal which if is like last your could be your best option. Problem with this is you don't know what the specifics will be.

TKSX

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2021
If you are dead set on the 13 /13 pro, then I would just go with it. When the 14 pro comes out, the 13 Pro will disappear from the apple store and the price of the 13 might drop or might stay the same. Many people are anticipating a price increase so apple might decide to keep the price the same. If the stock goes down, you options might be limited to carrier "locked" phones. Furthermore, the trade in price of the phone will drop regardless whether the 14 / 14 pro comes out or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.