Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Who here is waiting for a jailbreak for iPhone XS and up? I have the 12 Pro Max and still have the iOS version that it was shipped with which is iOS 14.1. I’m holding out hope for a jailbreak. My XS Max is still jailbroken on iOS 13.5. It’s no longer my daily driver, so I am missing my jailbreak.

singularity0993

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2020
Who here is waiting for a jailbreak for iPhone XS and up? I have the 12 Pro Max and still have the iOS version that it was shipped with which is iOS 14.1. I’m holding out hope for a jailbreak. My XS Max is still jailbroken on iOS 13.5. It’s no longer my daily driver, so I am missing my jailbreak.
Are you really going to stay on 14.1 for the jailbreak? The first version usually has tons of bugs...

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I can understand this. I stayed on 13.3. That was the iOS my device was bought on (01/2020). I jailbroke it as soon as it was available.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Never use it on your primary phone. Or wait

I don’t have issues using a jailbreak on my daily device. I only download tweaks that are verified. I don’t download pirated apps or tweaks so I’m okay. Haven’t had any issues in all of the years that I’ve jailbroke my devices.

Joho2078

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2019
I don’t have issues using a jailbreak on my daily device. I only download tweaks that are verified. I don’t download pirated apps or tweaks so I’m okay. Haven’t had any issues in all of the years that I’ve jailbroke my devices.
I was greedy and dl a bunch of tweaks (not pirated) and it made my iPhone 11 pro max go into a bootloop lol so I was forced to update it but luckily a jailbreak has come out for it so I'm good to go. Its not on ios 14.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I was greedy and dl a bunch of tweaks (not pirated) and it made my iPhone 11 pro max go into a bootloop lol so I was forced to update it but luckily a jailbreak has come out for it so I'm good to go. Its not on ios 14.

I only downloaded tweaks and bought tweaks from known developers. I also didn’t use too many tweaks neither.

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
I only downloaded tweaks and bought tweaks from known developers. I also didn’t use too many tweaks neither.

What are your top 3 tweaks? I used to be into JBing years ago, however Apple has pretty much filled in the gaps I was seeking in jailbreaks.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
iOS 14.1 (the version it shipped with), 12 pro, patiently waiting

Got an SE2 on 13.5 and an SE1 on 14.0.x something both jailbroken

Even jailbreak aside, I would be paranoid that software updates add bugs. My experience has been really good on 14.1 overall after almost 3 months of use

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
iOS 14.1 (the version it shipped with), 12 pro, patiently waiting

Got an SE2 on 13.5 and an SE1 on 14.0.x something both jailbroken

Even jailbreak aside, I would be paranoid that software updates add bugs. My experience has been really good on 14.1 overall after almost 3 months of use

I too have an SE2 on 13.5 that’s jailbroken. I too am still on 14.1 on my 12 Pro Max. I haven’t experienced any bugs that I can think of. I haven’t had any issues except for the brightness randomly changing throughout the day from what I set it at.

Reactions: thadoggfather

andy31

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2012
I completely understand you OP.
I've had a 12 Pro Max sitting next to me for a week now, and i don't want to actually move from my jailbroken XS MAX @ 13.5 because I know I would miss it so much....

Reactions: Septembersrain

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I completely understand you OP.
I've had a 12 Pro Max sitting next to me for a week now, and i don't want to actually move from my jailbroken XS MAX @ 13.5 because I know I would miss it so much....

I miss mine so much, but using my 12 Pro Max helps me not miss it as much. I’m still holding onto 14.1 even though 14.4 is out with so many more features that I can’t use on 14.1. To help me not upgrade the software, I don’t read any of the articles related to betas and updates coming out so that I don’t tempt myself.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Well it looks like our wishes came true. I’m still on 14.1, but I have my jailbreak back. The bad part is I didn’t keep a list of tweaks I used, so I’m starting over from scratch.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
Well it looks like our wishes came true. I’m still on 14.1, but I have my jailbreak back. The bad part is I didn’t keep a list of tweaks I used, so I’m starting over from scratch.
I'm in the same position but I did take a list of the tweaks, the difficulty is when they dont want on iOS14. I thought with checkra1n being available they would be already sorted.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I'm in the same position but I did take a list of the tweaks, the difficulty is when they dont want on iOS14. I thought with checkra1n being available they would be already sorted.

i think JB for newer devices is what sparks developer interest in updating tweaks
To be compatible , but checkra1n can be seen as a bit of a head start. In my case, I picked out the few tweaks I knew worked with se1, and applied them to 12pro. Been a bit of
Experimenting outside of that but I’ve been pretty conservative in rolling the dice for now

Reactions: max2

kretek

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008

In future use Batchomatic, does a good back up of jailbreak stuff, tweaks, themes, etc...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.