Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
We've got a long wait ahead of us until November 3rd. This thread will serve as a support group, haha.

Edits:

Anyone here not waiting now that we know it won't be available until November? I made a poll: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/will-you-wait-for-iphone-x.2066224/

So what is your favorite surprise feature of the new iPhone X? For me it's having @3X retina graphics and the facial scanning tech that seems more advanced than what some pundits were speculating. I'm also really stoked about the dedicated flashlight button, lol. I use the flashlight so much!

Last edited:

SoApple

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
A months and a half to go!
I wonder how badly this will affect the iPhone sales. The iPhone 8/8+ isn't a "new design".

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
A months and a half to go!
I wonder how badly this will affect the iPhone sales. The iPhone 8/8+ isn't a "new design".
A lot of people are impatient. I bet even some people who were buying the iPhone X will get the iPhone 8 instead. Will it be a lot? No, but maybe 10-20%. I'll go make a poll.

Koobs

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
I am fairly certain anyone who orders an 8 or 8+ will have zero problems getting them on launch day.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
I am fairly certain anyone who orders an 8 or 8+ will have zero problems getting them on launch day.
Yeah, most of the obsessed fans will be upgrading in November, and those are the people who upgrade on day one. According to my poll, of those who were already planning to purchase the iPhone X, only 75% are willing to wait. And that's the MacRumors crowd. So there still might be quite a few people buying on launch. Some people in the thread mentioned getting an iPhone 8 Plus AND and iPhone X, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.