Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swealpha

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Hello!

Are we sure the new Macbook Air 15" will come in 2024?

When do they normally start to sale in Europe after the release?

I am on a MBP mid 2014 right now and hate the fan noise. I am really looking forward for the release so I can buy one.

Thank you. :D

Reactions: mr_jomo

Purrific

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2023
From elsewhere on MacRumors:

"As for the 15-inch MacBook, it came out in June 2023, but it too is expected to see a refresh in March 2024, so now is not the best time to buy a MacBook Air. If you can wait until March, it is best to hold off to get the newest M3 chip technology."

Reactions: mr_jomo

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2023
I would wait until the M3 Air is announced then get a M2 Air at a discounted price. For the majority of users the performance gain the M3 will offer will not be noticeable. That spreadsheet calculating in 0.003 seconds instead of 0.004 seconds is not going to be a big deal.

What is unknown, and that would blow my assertion out of the water, is if Apple upgrades the base memory, improves the screen, and improves the black coating to minimize fingerprints.

Last edited:

Moreplease

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2024
What is unknown, and that would blow my assertion out of the water, is if Apple upgrades the base memory, improves the screen, and improves the black coating to minimize fingerprints.
They’ve just updated the MacBook Pros and left them starting at 8 GB. So I would bet against them giving the considerably cheaper MacBook Air any more than 8 GB.

They’ve also just updated the iMac and left that with 256 GB of storage. In combination with having just this generation upgraded the base storage of the MacBook Pro to 512 GB, I’d assume the Air will stay at 256 GB. But I’d be less certain of that than the RAM, since you could argue a laptop needs more storage than a desktop for which external storage is no big deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.