Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KevinAPearson

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2018
UK
I use a Philips wake-up clock that starts with a very quiet alarm and soft light to wake you up in the morning.
The light starts off low and gets brighter over 20 minutes and then at the allocated time the alarm starts very quietly and gets louder.
The idea is that you don't get jarred awake.
I want to switch to using my iPhone and Philips Hue lights instead.
You can set up automations for the lights early enough but the iPhone alarms all start VERY loudly.
Is there a way to set an alarm or music track to start very quietly, then build in volume?

simps100

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
I briefly used the sleep feature and I found that alarm was much “nicer” to wake up to, if I remember rightly it started quiet and built up as you say, maybe worth a try!

KevinAPearson

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2018
UK
I briefly used the sleep feature and I found that alarm was much “nicer” to wake up to, if I remember rightly it started quiet and built up as you say, maybe worth a try!
Cheers Simps100
I couldn't get on with the sleep feature; didn't want to be hassled with being told when to go to sleep etc :)
I don't understand why there isn't an option to play a track/sound with a gradual increase.

Reactions: simps100

simps100

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Cheers Simps100
I couldn't get on with the sleep feature; didn't want to be hassled with being told when to go to sleep etc :)
I don't understand why there isn't an option to play a track/sound with a gradual increase.
Yeah that’s why I switched it off to be fair, does seem silly they don’t include that sort of function on the normal alarm but is on the sleep alarm.

Reactions: KevinAPearson
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.