Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukee101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
I've had this issue for the last few weeks where I'm locked out of my Wallet / Apple Pay on macOS Big Sur 11.4. I don't know what triggered this but no matter what I do, I can't restore my Wallet access on my M1 Mac.
apple-wallet-issue.png

Note that my Wallet / Apple Pay does work on my iPhone, iPad, and Watch. No issues there.

Also, other Apple ID-based functions on my Mac are working properly too (iCloud, etc). Just to be safe, I've re-authenticated into my Apple ID multiple times now, and I still get this message.

Lastly, I booted into Recovery Mode and checked on SIP, SSV, etc, and it's all enabled and set to the highest security level. What else does macOS need from me to re-enable my Wallet?

dukee101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Go to Software Update/Advanced, then uncheck the recheck "Install system data files and security updates".
Wow that worked like a charm! Thank you so much!! Despite my Googling and forum trawling, I couldn't find this answer. Thanks again. It worked instantly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.