Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Museo12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2015
Something very strange happened to my Iphone 12 pro max a while ago. My wallpaper disappeared and the background is now completely black. If you turn the phone off and on again, the wallpaper comes back. However, this is deceptive. If you go into an app and then exit it, it goes black again. Otherwise, everything works.

How can I solve it?

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Welcome to Macrumors!

Do you have any focuses set? (That would change wallpaper.)

Any shortcuts enabled?

CP11

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2022
Something very strange happened to my Iphone 12 pro max a while ago. My wallpaper disappeared and the background is now completely black. If you turn the phone off and on again, the wallpaper comes back. However, this is deceptive. If you go into an app and then exit it, it goes black again. Otherwise, everything works.

How can I solve it?
I also was having this issue with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I came across this and so far it has worked.
Apparently, old photos used as wallpaper are triggering the black background. You can fix this, if you resend the old photo to your iPhone and save it in the Photos app. You can do it either via AirDrop from and older device, or from any other computer as mail attachment!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.