Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rolltideguy77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
So how do you set the phone to just be on your wallpaper at all times when you arent using the "main menu". I don't really care to look at the menu screen always or just a black screen when it sleeps. I would like to look down and see whatever image I want on the unlock screen. Is there a way to set it to the unlock screen with your wallpaper viewable and it not go into sleep mode when you arent using the menu screen? Seems odd to include wallpapers if you never see them except when unlocking the phone. Trivial I know, but I like variety.

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
Well first if you really want to see your screen all the time the battery would drain and you would end up with a nice brick. :( But you can set the screen to never auto-lock so it stays on... but it will not go back to the wallpaper.

Rolltideguy77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Blah. Yeah thats what I figured. I just wish you could exit the menu screen and go to just a wallpaper screen that has the date, time and maybe a self-added message or something. That menu screen is going to get real old, real fast for me. But that minor gripe aside I am enjoying it. Maybe they will fix it in future updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.