Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msw123307

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Is it possible to change the background on the home screen? I messed with the settings under wallpaper..but that is just the wallpaper for when you have a call coming in. Are we always going to be stuck with that black background?! I'm probably just missing something, any help would be great.

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
Is it possible to change the background on the home screen? I messed with the settings under wallpaper..but that is just the wallpaper for when you have a call coming in. Are we always going to be stuck with that black background?! I'm probably just missing something, any help would be great.

You can't change the homescreen, it's always black. I guess this gives Apple control of making sure everything is fully visible, and no colours clash with the background image etc., as well as mainting a clear/simple/classy look to the main iPhone screen.

The wallpaper also displays on the Unlock screen, as well as for incoming call.

JonboyDC

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
guess this gives Apple control of making sure everything is fully visible, and no colours clash with the background image etc., as well as mainting a clear/simple/classy look to the main iPhone screen.
I think the only way we'd ever be able to change the backgroun on the home screen is if we sent our proposed background to Steve Jobs so he can ensure it doesn't clash with the rest of the design. There's no way he's going to let you do anything that would make your phone look remotely unattractive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.