Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015

Has anyone ever used it yet?

It is free for 30 days.

Of course I do not want my groceries delivered inside my house only to my front door. I can handle the rest. Good thing that is a option.

Best feature is the free return pickups!

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Interesting service. I don't shop at Walmart, and I don't need my groceries delivered, but this seems like a nice option for those that do! Although I think the idea of people actually going into your house is vaguely unsettling

Reactions: max2

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
All these stores need to find a better way. I hate going to my local Kroger because the aisles are clogged with the big carts with employees shopping for others. This needs to be done at night, not when the stores are packed.

But I guess there is one upside: you have no trouble finding an employee to ask where something is located and these employees do know where it will be.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
All these stores need to find a better way. I hate going to my local Kroger because the aisles are clogged with the big carts with employees shopping for others. This needs to be done at night, not when the stores are packed.

But I guess there is one upside: you have no trouble finding an employee to ask where something is located and these employees do know where it will be.
Your right.

My dream is for all stores to turn into warehouses.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Interesting service. I don't shop at Walmart, and I don't need my groceries delivered, but this seems like a nice option for those that do! Although I think the idea of people actually going into your house is vaguely unsettling

Yes that is why I will make sure they always deliver my groceries outside my front door and leave them.

Today the day! Supposedly.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
A few months ago I signed up. What they do not make clear is that the basic service is actually delivered by a third party. Think UberEats, DoorDash, Grubhub, etc, but for groceries. Walmart uses Spark, DoorDash, Roadie, Point pickup, and Postmates. You have to add the in-home at an additional charge to get actual Walmart employees in a Walmart vehicle delivering your groceries. I only realized this when my first delivery was by some guy with his personal car.

That first delivery was made to the wrong address and fortunately I was outside to see the person dropping my groceries off at my neighbor's door. I had to get his attention. His excuse for not seeing the well-displayed house numbers and mistaking my address for my neighbor's was that he didn't speak good English.

So, then I signed up for the additional in-home delivery by actual Walmart employees. Only to find that dates of delivery are approximately 1-3 days after ordering. Now I go by the Walmart that I'd get deliveries from a few times a day. So giving my neighbor free groceries or waiting to have my own delivered a day or so later is not something I'm interested in.

So that's your choice…a gamble that the third party service will get your address correct or wait a few days for actual Walmart employee delivery.

PS. I cancelled my service (both parts) before the trial ended.

Reactions: Huntn and max2

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
A few months ago I signed up. What they do not make clear is that the basic service is actually delivered by a third party. Think UberEats, DoorDash, Grubhub, etc, but for groceries. Walmart uses Spark, DoorDash, Roadie, Point pickup, and Postmates. You have to add the in-home at an additional charge to get actual Walmart employees in a Walmart vehicle delivering your groceries. I only realized this when my first delivery was by some guy with his personal car.

That first delivery was made to the wrong address and fortunately I was outside to see they person dropping my groceries off at my neighbor's door. I had to get his attention. His excuse for not seeing the well-displayed house numbers and mistaking my address for my neighbor's was that he didn't speak good English.

So, then I signed up for the additional in-home delivery by actual Walmart employees. Only to find that dates of delivery are approximately 1-3 days after ordering. Now I go by the Walmart that I'd get deliveries from a few times a day. So giving my neighbor free groceries or waiting to have my own delivered a day or so later is not something I'm interested in.

So that's your choice…a gamble that the third party service will get your address correct or wait a few days for actual Walmart employee delivery.

PS. I cancelled my service (both parts) before the trial ended.

Interesting thanks.

Still no InHome here yet sadly :(

Hoping soon.

I wish they were as good as Amazon, Walmart. That will never happen. Only when pigs fly lol.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

Kroger has been around a long time, I can remember asking the store manager of a Kroger's in Houston if I could round up carts for him. This was late 1970s. I'd have been six or seven then.

My point is that it's possible your Kroger's is an old store. Even the old Walmart's before the Super Walmarts had cramped aisles. Our local Frys (Kroger in Arizona) is cramped. But that store has been there a long time. There is a Fry's down farther close to Luke AFB that was built within the last five years or so and the aisles are very wide.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
This here is an interesting post. I saw an article a few days ago talking about how Walgreens was experimenting with "warehousing" a store so that you would place an order at a kiosk and employees would pick it for you. This was due to the high amount of theft and shoplifting.

I think I saw that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.