Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
3C66475C-F5AA-4045-B984-21F567C5C9D0.jpeg

Episode 1- Was amazing! ...for anyone who grew with Dick Van Dyke, Bewitched, and I Dream of Jeanie in the 1960s, the intro graphics, the acting, the jokes, the social dynamic, the music, the neighbor, and the laugh track, uncanny presentation.

Episode 3- The curtain is parting.

Thirty minutes long..?? ? ?

Last edited:

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I’ve been watching it weekly, ugh my dreary life, and think you’ll be surprised by the trajectory this takes. Episode 1 was wild and I thought that it had established the tone for the show. It had but not in the way I anticipated.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’m through Episode 5, won’t drop spoilers, but now that it is evident what is going on, unless the “issue” is unresolved at the end of the season, two episodes left, it will be interesting to see if things are resolved. If so then there would be no point in a season 2.

Like the rest of Marvel's new TV offerings, WandaVision was announced as a project for just one season. That doesn't mean that there isn't the possibility for more, but it does suggest that the first season will tell a fairly closed-off story. The show has not yet been renewed for a second season, although it's possible that Disney will be hungry for more if the show performs well.

However, I could imagine 2 endings filmed to give Disney options. You’d think that they would want to be devoplong multi-season series for efficiency, instead of continuously jumping into new material. ?

And 8, 30 minute episodes is pathetic for the likes of Disney.

Last edited:

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
You’d think that they would want to be devoplong multi-season series for efficiency, instead of continuously jumping into new material. ?
I suspect their business model is to hook people into “needing” to subscribe to D+ so that they’ll be up to speed for the upcoming theater releases of the box office extravaganzas. Probably sweating bullets over the calamity of the pandemic and how it’s screwed up their business model.

Reactions: Huntn

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
And 8, 30 minute episodes is pathetic for the likes of Disney.
Honestly, I prefer shorter episodes with less fillers with this type of series. The Mandalorian is similar, with shorter episodes and less filler crap.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Honestly, I prefer shorter episodes with less fillers with this type of series. The Mandalorian is similar, with shorter episodes and less filler crap.
I think they could be a tad longer. 40-45 minutes. Or not even standardized. Some 30, others 45. #7 could of benefitted from more time devoted to what Monica experienced (and other details) but that’ll probably get covered later in the next episode, a movie or another series.

svanstrom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2002
??
I’m through Episode 5, won’t drop spoilers, but now that it is evident what is going on, unless the “issue” is unresolved at the end of the season, two episodes left, it will be interesting to see if things are resolved. If so then there would be no point in a season 2.
This whole thing just feels like they're setting the stage for something; so it will be concluded, but at the same time it's the setup that's concluded.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
This whole thing just feels like they're setting the stage for something; so it will be concluded, but at the same time it's the setup that's concluded.

I'm fairly confident that Dr Strange will show up for the finale....this supposedly leads into his next movie, Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

svanstrom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2002
??
I'm fairly confident that Dr Strange will show up for the finale....this supposedly leads into his next movie, Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
I do hope it's more than that.

If basically all that happened sort of unhappens/doesn't matter, except like an ad for the Dr Strange movie… damn… I will not be happy about that… in fact… I will spend the rest of my life complaining about it whenever any of the involved characters are ever mentioned by anyone…

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
I do hope it's more than that.

If basically all that happened sort of unhappens/doesn't matter, except like an ad for the Dr Strange movie… damn… I will not be happy about that… in fact… I will spend the rest of my life complaining about it whenever any of the involved characters are ever mentioned by anyone…
We'll see. I think the next Strange movie is going to be great. Sam Raimi is directing and I think Tom Holland is also in it along with Elizabeth Olsen. It's been rumored that we may get appearances by non-MCU characters such as Toby McGuire's Spider-Man, etc.

DaveSanDiego

macrumors member
May 12, 2020
I guess maybe I should watch Episode 1 again? When it first came out... I thought the story line, the script etc was far below the standards of either Marvel or Disney and didn't even make it to the end of the episode

svanstrom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2002
??
I guess maybe I should watch Episode 1 again? When it first came out... I thought the story line, the script etc was far below the standards of either Marvel or Disney and didn't even make it to the end of the episode
Maybe.

You pretty much had to grow up (no matter what age you are) watching tv sitcoms from the 60s and onwards to like really really get the total reward from watching Wandavision.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Maybe.

You pretty much had to grow up (no matter what age you are) watching tv sitcoms from the 60s and onwards to like really really get the total reward from watching Wandavision.
Yeah the whole thing feels like an homage to sitcoms. I lol’d at #7 skewing The Office with that theme song. My wife didn’t catch on, which just made me feel smug. For like a second anyway, until she put me back in my place. :p

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yes, you should. :) Episode 1 is a high quality imitation of a 1950-60s US sitcom. A while back I actually hard a complaint about this, and it sounded like the complainer thought this was an artistic choice by the developers, let’s take Scarlet Witch and Vision and stick them in a sitcom as if this is the actual plot. Not quite, it’s an illusion. :)

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Episode 8: ...meh. I spent four hours to get to that? I’m feeling like I could walk away from MCU and be fine. Not feeling inclined to stick around for the falcon and the winter soldier.
Edit: slept on it and still feel disappointed in the finale, but ultimately I will watch Black Widow, Thor, Dr Strange and Spider-Man. I’m a geek at heart and to think I can deny these things from myself is laughable. I will comply. I suppose I’m mildly curious about the WandaVision storyline but didn’t like how all the other characters were dropped to structure the finale solidly around Wanda. Still not sure about The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Probably will let in run 4-5 episodes and see how the buzz is on it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Huntn and satcomer

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I've largely enjoyed Wandavision for what it's supposed to be for the MCU - creating storylines that will lead to the MCU films, while providing backstory to characters (old and new) that would not be possible through the films.

The only thing that I'm slightly annoyed with is how Wanda can suddenly do a complete 180 from where she left off in Endgame to Scarlett Witch in Wandavision. I get the loss of Vision has affected her but she went from semi-grieving with Clint at the end of Endgame to full on witch, with a **** everyone attitude. With the way it's progressing, we are to assume she will suddenly become a villain at least for a little while in a short period of time?

appleii.c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2013
I thought they did a great job with Wandavision. I loved the sitcom take and generation shifts. I love the backstory and I think it was needed to setup her character in the upcoming Dr Strange film. Her connection to the Mind Stone will play a big part. As far as her going from semi-grieving to full on witch... I didn't look into that too much. Sometimes grieving takes a bit to settle in. From what I got from the film, it was building and building, reaching a boiling point when she saw the body and wasn't able to feel Vision. It all finally exploded when she went to their "home". I'm not sure that her creating vision and the Westview world was intentional. I think her anger and grief created it all and she just went along with it... embraced it all. This could explain why she can't always control everything happening.

I've really enjoyed it. It's definitely one of better series I've seen in a while. I'm looking forward to Loki.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
WandaVision as a series ended up exactly how I thought it would as a Disney+ release and maybe a bit more. The finale was great and really felt like an MCU addition which is hard to do as a "TV show" (see: AoS, Daredevil). Also liked how it leads into Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange. The finale doesn't leave me wanting another season in the best possible way, which is hard for shows to do sometimes - these shows are supposed to be side-story fillers to connect/expand the MCU. WandaVision did that extremely well.

Reactions: Huntn and rhett7660

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
That last episode was great!!!!!!! Loved it. Boy when they were saying their goodbyes... who is cutting onions in here....
I agree. Great limited series, creative story, and we know about the future of Vision, at least we suspect. ;) :) Now I get what @D.T. said about the second post credit scene. Happy to see a Skrull and almost missed the second scene. :D So this will be the new standard I suppose...

505213A8-429C-4624-A510-810D776805AE.jpeg

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
That last episode was great!!!!!!! Loved it. Boy when they were saying their goodbyes... who is cutting onions in here....
Yes, really enjoyed it!

The thing with the reactivated Vision and the Wanda-created one is a bit confusing to me.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
My wife and I just finished it over the weekend and enjoyed it as well. Interestingly we're neither Marvel fans nor nostalgic for old television (although we DID pick up on the Malcolm in the Middle episode!), but nonetheless thought it was well written and Elizabeth Olsen did a fantastic job.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Really enjoyed this series. I'm not too familiar with Scarlet Witch nor Vision in general other than from the MCU, but this series is very enjoyable. And I'm not like many of the rabid fans who are overspeculating and ended up disappointed because their speculations didn't come true. I really love the nudge/wink by bringing Evan Peters' QuickSilver (my favorite movie QuickSilver). But I didn't expect much revelation either (I mean if they wanted to somehow introduce the X-Men, they wouldn't do it like this). A really enjoyable series that put Wanda into the forefront. She deserves it.

Can't wait for Dr Strange 2. And hopefully Falcon and the Winter Soldier would be entertaining as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.