Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rph105

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
want to go out and buy an iPhone in a couple hours, i want to know how the process works, I'm in the UK, so I'll be paying £99 for the phone and taking out the £35 a month contract.

How would I go about getting hold of it, I heard you have to pay by card, how does the credit check work, I'm 20 and never taken out anything on credit before, is it pretty easy.

Thanks in advance

Raph

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
want to go out and buy an iPhone in a couple hours, i want to know how the process works, I'm in the UK, so I'll be paying £99 for the phone and taking out the £35 a month contract.

How would I go about getting hold of it, I heard you have to pay by card, how does the credit check work, I'm 20 and never taken out anything on credit before, is it pretty easy.

Thanks in advance

Raph

Its easy - you need you credit/debit card - and proof of address like a recent bill of some kind. Best place for you to go is an Apple store as they still seem to have stock here in the UK compared to CPW and O2.

Matt FT

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
In Regent street apple store now. Lots of stock but queues growing. Activations still seem slow. They have done maybe 10 in the last 30 minutes...

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Agreed. Apple Store is the place to go. Bring a picture ID (license or passport) and a credit card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.