Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevinfinity

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Hey guys,

Finally, today Apple's sneaky new update triggered me to make the final decision. I want to buy the new customized MacBook Pro 2018.(More Ram and Hard drive...) But there is no pickup option for now only by delivery. Any idea of when they could provide pick up option for new 2018 MacBook Pro purchase? Thank you.

vetruvian

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2013
I have seen them available same day in the past. I'd imagine they will trickle into stores over the next few days. If you plan on upgrading any of the specs, go ahead and order online. Apple only stocks the base models in store.

Reactions: NoBoMac

Kevinfinity

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Oh. I choose everything the highest spec expect the hard drive. This might be the reason why this specific spec com initiation does not have pick up option yet... thank you

Kevinfinity

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Any reason why you aren't asking Apple?

Because the first idea that came in my mind is seeking experience and information from the Apple community here.

I think I will also call Apple store later tonight. I am having class right now...

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
If you plan on upgrading any of the specs, go ahead and order online. Apple only stocks the base models in store.

This. Most built-to-orders will be built-to-order and shipped in a few days from China.

A fully loaded MBP will not be available for same day in stores, let alone down the road: few people will be buying that, so no sense Apple having that inventory on their books in stores.

Now, if you want a base 13" MBP, that you can pickup today (closest to me has non-TB 13" in stock).

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
This. Most built-to-orders will be built-to-order and shipped in a few days from China.

A fully loaded MBP will not be available for same day in stores, let alone down the road: few people will be buying that, so no sense Apple having that inventory on their books in stores.

Now, if you want a base 13" MBP, that you can pickup today (closest to me has non-TB 13" in stock).

Probably because those didn't get updated today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.