Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
Hello - Sorry in advance if this has been posted/answered in the past. I searched and could not find anything. Anyway, I'd like to totally Erase All Content and Settings on my iPhone XS Max and start fresh again. It's been a while since I did this and now that I have an Apple Watch paired I have a question...

I have no interest in Restoring from a back-up. I want to totally start new except for my Health data which I have accumulated activity, awards, progress, etc. the past few years that I do not want to lose.

Can I bring back all my Health data, including past Activity, Activity Awards/Badges, past Workouts, heart rate readings, etc. basically anything health related that my Apple Watch collects when "starting as new" on my iPhone?

Reactions: RaptorSausage

Hi Tek

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Canada, Hali
Do an iTunes back up. But first, check the box that says "encrypt backup"

iCloud saves the data as well. I've had multiple Apple Watches, my health data has carried over.

Last edited:
Reactions: kohlson and AMTYVLE

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
Thanks. I totally forgot Health Data is backed up to iCloud now OTA. I took the chance this weekend and did an "Erase All Content and Settings" and set up my iPhone as new, my Health data/Activity/Badges etc. came back. :D

Hi Tek

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Canada, Hali
Thanks. I totally forgot Health Data is backed up to iCloud now OTA. I took the chance this weekend and did an "Erase All Content and Settings" and set up my iPhone as new, my Health data/Activity/Badges etc. came back. :D

Glad to hear. Now go close some rings!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.