Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NikhilGeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
India,delhi
Hi, Right now i'm in 10.2. I want to remove jailbreak and update it to 11.2 but main problem is I don't have a pc for iTunes backup and there is one more problem sometime back i deleted some language file from icleaner to free up some space now i think if I update through OTA I'll brick my phone. Now how can i remove jb and update to 11.2?

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
Pretty sure, you need to download the firmware, do a restore and do it through iTunes on a PC / Mac.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Pretty sure, you need to download the firmware, do a restore and do it through iTunes on a PC / Mac.
^^^This.

All an OTA is going to do is update the OS. It will probably work, but because JB files won't be removed that can cause problems.

What I do is backup, DFU upgrade/restore as new, then restore from my backup.

If getting a hold of a computer with iTunes is really not possible, visit an Apple store. All those iMacs around the genius section have iTunes and you can do what you need there.

NikhilGeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
India,delhi
^^^This.

All an OTA is going to do is update the OS. It will probably work, but because JB files won't be removed that can cause problems.

What I do is backup, DFU upgrade/restore as new, then restore from my backup.

If getting a hold of a computer with iTunes is really not possible, visit an Apple store. All those iMacs around the genius section have iTunes and you can do what you need there.

What if i remove jb using Stashing & OSRestoreX and after that i'll update it from OTA without doing "Erase all content & setting" ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.