Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesFoote

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
I have a great idea for getting more high quality apps on the store:

Allow Click-Wheel Games to be played on iPhone OS devices with a virtual click wheel as the input. Click Wheel game's logos could have a small click wheel on the corner to show what it is.

What do you think? It would be great for people switching from nanos/classics to iphone/touch :)

Jomskylark

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
I had a thought: Virtual iPod Classic on your iPhone/iPod Touch. It would play all of your songs and videos, yet still have the classic feel.

JamesFoote

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Yeah, I was thinking of that also - I would be glad to pay lots of money for that, but unless Apple does it is against the SDK regulations.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I like that idea, however a big part of the click wheel was the tactile feel. Something the current iPod Touch or iPhone models do not have.

image.php

JamesFoote

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
I like that idea, however a big part of the click wheel was the tactile feel. Something the current iPod Touch or iPhone models do not have.

image.php

Yeah, it would sure be nice to be able to play those games on your iPhone...

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I have a great idea for getting more high quality apps on the store:

Allow Click-Wheel Games to be played on iPhone OS devices with a virtual click wheel as the input. Click Wheel game's logos could have a small click wheel on the corner to show what it is.

What do you think? It would be great for people switching from nanos/classics to iphone/touch :)

Yeah definitely, I'd think that a nice break game that was on my first gen nano would be cool

Zym

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.