Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt98svt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2016
Sounds simple I know but God Damn what a nightmare. Im simply wanting to download the photos off my IPhone/Ipad that are backed up on the cloud to my PC. Went to Icloud.com to download and it will not let me select all photos, (approx. 15k to download) tries to force you to scroll up and repeatedly hit select for each little group of photos vs having a select all feature, no thanks. Downloaded Icloud for windows and plugged up phone. It downloaded 45 photos of 15k in approx. 30 mins. Closed it down thinking it was messed up it was so slow. It started over but this time says its downloading 30k instead of 15k, just as slow. Is there a practical way to get my photos off my phone and on to my PC?

motm95

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
This might work:

I see that it says you have to download full resolution photos to your phone first before importing to the PC.

Also, I think there are third-party tools that let you browse and/or copy photos, like AnyTrans. I have not tried those tools, though, so I don't know if they will work.

Six0Four

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2020
The shift key on the PC will let you highlight the whole lot. Or just the ctrl key to light multiple that are not all in a row.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
The shift key on the PC will let you highlight the whole lot. Or just the ctrl key to light multiple that are not all in a row.

This. It should work on icloud.com if not mistaking.

If not, and you have enough space on the iPhone/iPad to load the locally:
  1. In Settings > Photos > iCloud Photo Library set "Keep originals"
  2. Leave it charging overnight with a good Wi-Fi (maybe for 2 nights due to 15k photos or slow Wi-Fi).
  3. Export photos from DCIM.
If you want some UI check iMazing. Quite a lifesaver for many things including photos management.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.