Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello Mac friends. I was charging two D lithium-ion batteries directly to the Mac's port (USB cable chargers), a warning (I've never seen it before) say the USB Accessory is drawing too much power? Could charging D size batteries draw too much power (but we charge batteries all the time w/ the iPhone, even a rechargeable flashlight that I use a keyboard area lamp)?

Thank you. Have a great blessed Father'd Day, may there be 70 more.

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

Bill_D

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2022
I get that warning when I attach an inherited iPad Pro 9.7 to a 2018 Mac mini. The thing is literally falling apart. Partly detached screen, broken home button. It still works, though, currently running iPadOS 16.6 public beta.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"I was charging two D lithium-ion batteries directly to the Mac's port (USB cable chargers)"

The charger probably tried to draw current in excess of what the Mac could supply via USB power.
Hence, the warning (which can also shut down the USB port(s) in question).

Is there a power supply block for these chargers?
If so, better to plug into a wall and do your charging that way.

Reactions: Alvin777

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
"I was charging two D lithium-ion batteries directly to the Mac's port (USB cable chargers)"

The charger probably tried to draw current in excess of what the Mac could supply via USB power.
Hence, the warning (which can also shut down the USB port(s) in question).

Is there a power supply block for these chargers?
If so, better to plug into a wall and do your charging that way.
Hi, the charger is in the battery themselves (that type of design, the electronics is in the batteries) and it's direct to the USB, it must have some kind of super fast charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.