Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m.wttfld

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2019
Germany
Hey guys, just wanna warn you that my alarm this morning didn't ring on time and started to output sound 1 hour later then set when I unlocked my phone. Bugs appears to not happen always. Had my phone put to silence and do not disturb mode!

Reactions: adrianlondon

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I do not have bedtime setup but as soon as I put my iPhone out of silent mode and DND mode, I can get the alarm normally.

Sbishop84

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
I’ve had no issues with alarms on iOS 13 beta 2 and Watch OS 6 beta 2. I have alarm set through out the day and all have gone off when set.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Hey guys, just wanna warn you that my alarm this morning didn't ring on time and started to output sound 1 hour later then set when I unlocked my phone. Bugs appears to not happen always. Had my phone put to silence and do not disturb mode!

Could this be a timezone confusion thing?

Reactions: MozMan68

labtech67

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2019
Canada
Mine are working fine except for the volume. I set it louder but after saving it reverts back to a lower volume. Tried different tones and restarting my iphone. No luck. And I use it for my morning wake up which isn't good.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
The Bedtime "alarm" also doesn't work.
I logged a Feedback on this and at the top it said "more than 10 reports" or something like that. Then underneath I got "Works as currently designed"!

So, I investigated and see that in Bedtime the Wakeup has all the settings for the alarm sound and volume but the actual bell icon had a line through it. So I looked in Alarms. And there it was - an alarm that's set to my wake-up time but turned off. Toggled it on and that updated the icon in Bedtime.

This Alarm (called Wake-up Alarm) is synchronised with the Bedtime wake-up time but is enabled and disabled in the Alarm section.

Took me a little while to work it all out.

parkds

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2003
I logged a Feedback on this and at the top it said "more than 10 reports" or something like that. Then underneath I got "Works as currently designed"!

So, I investigated and see that in Bedtime the Wakeup has all the settings for the alarm sound and volume but the actual bell icon had a line through it. So I looked in Alarms. And there it was - an alarm that's set to my wake-up time but turned off. Toggled it on and that updated the icon in Bedtime.

This Alarm (called Wake-up Alarm) is synchronised with the Bedtime wake-up time but is enabled and disabled in the Alarm section.

Well, that is far from obvious how they implemented that! Especially since it automatically turned off when updating. Thank you so much for this post. I was stumped and more than a little frustrated.

For anyone else looking for how to resolve this, the “Wake-up Alarm” that is set by “Bedtime” is at the very top of the list of Alarms on the Alarms tab.

Attachments

• F4A4A233-9FE3-4865-8A7C-F373B6EBDD67.jpeg
    F4A4A233-9FE3-4865-8A7C-F373B6EBDD67.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 243

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Well, that is far from obvious how they implemented that! Especially since it automatically turned off when updating. Thank you so much for this post. I was stumped and more than a little frustrated.

For anyone else looking for how to resolve this, the “Wake-up Alarm” that is set by “Bedtime” is at the very top of the list of Alarms on the Alarms tab.
Good to know. Thanks.
And... I would have a hard time noticing “wake-up alarm” in clocks app because of the grey text.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California

Took me a little while to work it all out.

Thanks! My alarm wouldn't have gone off if not for your thread. Not sure why they changed it but totally unintuitive. I hope they change it back to the original behavior.
On the plus side, I can finally disable Bedtime Reminders!

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
Thanks for this reply!

For the benefit of those who need a picture, the top of the Alarms tab has a new setting called Wake-Up Alarm which mutes\unmuted the bedtime alert. Maybe it was there before, but I never noticed, or maybe it defaults to muted on the upgrade. Either way, I used regular alarms for a few days, going back to my Bedtime alerts now.

IMG_1105.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.