Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Wondering if anyone knows? Used to be when you'd go to clamcase.com it would take you to the proper page on Incipio's site but now it 404s. It seems like most of them have been scrubbed off their site and looking at remaining stock at third party resellers, it doesn't seem like they ever made newer versions for the 10.5" iPad Pro?

I hate it when big companies buy smaller companies that are making good products and then kill off the product line. Incipio wasn't even really competing with them! Incipio makes crap cheap plastic cases and ClamCase made high quality aluminum keyboard cases with a nice 360° hinge design. So dumb. I wonder if the employees just ended up not sticking around because of a culture issue or something.

My wife is getting my old iPad Pro 10.5" when the new one comes out so I need to find her something to replace the ClamCase she had on her Mini 2. I have the Apple Keyboard Case but she doesn't seem to care for the two piece design that isn't fully adjustable to different viewing angles. The closest thing I can find is Brydge which has a less appealing design with no protective back cover and lots of reviews talking about BT issues and unresponsive keys. Might risk a weird Amazon case if I find a similar style and it has decent reviews.

jmaluso

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA
What about the Zagg Slimbook for iPad 10.5"? Very similar features as the ClamCase.
[doublepost=1539899950][/doublepost]Also, I think Incipio owns ClamCase and Incase now.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
What about the Zagg Slimbook for iPad 10.5"? Very similar features as the ClamCase.
[doublepost=1539899950][/doublepost]Also, I think Incipio owns ClamCase and Incase now.
Yeah, I know, which is why I asked if Incipio killed it off. I'm so tired of big companies swooping in and buying up the gear or app that I use every day and then killing it off a year or two later.

Yeah, I've seen the Zagg thing, and it's probably the closest to what I want. However, the reviews on Amazon show a lot of problems with the hinge and I know my wife is going to complain about the Pencil holder since she doesn't use that.

I think I just need to contact the company and see what's going on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.