Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

famidog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2024
I was on Amazon this week and ordered a refurbished 16 inch MacBook Pro M1 Pro with 16GB of RAM for $1260 or something around there. Fast forward a few days and I open the box. Inside is a prestine 16” MacBook Pro with M1 Max and 32GB of memory.

So either I bought the wrong thing or they made a mistake. This thing is flawless and has 100% battery health.

Did I do good here? I wanted something on the cheap that would last for light photoshop usage and casual usage, on the biggest laptop screen Apple sells.

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpeg
    IMG_1034.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1062.jpeg
    IMG_1062.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Love
Reactions: jazz1

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I was on Amazon this week and ordered a refurbished 16 inch MacBook Pro M1 Pro with 16GB of RAM for $1260 or something around there. Fast forward a few days and I open the box. Inside is a prestine 16” MacBook Pro with M1 Max and 32GB of memory.

So either I bought the wrong thing or they made a mistake. This thing is flawless and has 100% battery health.

Did I do good here? I wanted something on the cheap that would last for light photoshop usage and casual usage, on the biggest laptop screen Apple sells.

You got an upgraded SoC and double the RAM - most people would call that a win every single time...

Reactions: MacCheetah3

famidog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2024
I did finally notice something a tiny bit off. A very small dent on the back of the unit. It doesn't matter though. It's perfect.

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
I did finally notice something a tiny bit off. A very small dent on the back of the unit. It doesn't matter though. It's perfect.
I've been working with computers for quite a while and have even assembled a few PCs myself. The appearance of the computer has never mattered to me, as long as it performed flawlessly.

bbbc

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
I was on Amazon this week and ordered a refurbished 16 inch MacBook Pro M1 Pro with 16GB of RAM for $1260 or something around there.
Mind sharing which seller you purchased this through, perhaps RocketDrop Renewed or Loop-Mobile?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.