Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Was macOS Ventura a good macOS version?

• Nah. (bugs and glitches)

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Meh..

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Yeah!

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Other (Comments)

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oofio2461

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2021
 Full Moon
With macOS 14 being announced in a few hours I wanna know how you guys felt about Ventura. I heard people talk about bugs and some talk about the new features in Ventura. I just wanna know how good ventura was for you.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
every OS has bugs; every single one. and all you'll get here is a lot of opinions, anecdotes, whining, raving. for me, it's been mostly great, and currently: really great. everything is working...

others will say other things...

mikelets456

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
It took a few versions but for me it's stable now. Ventura has grown on me... I'm sure OS 14 will be infested with bugs until 14.4 or 14.5....just like every other Mac OS. However, I feel Monterrey was the best overall. But more importantly, it all depends on the features you want or need which will determine the balance of stability and feature for the preferred OS. Heck, I'd still be on Windows 98SE if I didn't need to upgrade.

Smellmet

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2012
Goole, UK
I don't like it. Monterey was better in my opinion.

I'm months into using it now and I still can't find what I want in the utterly ugly mess that is system preferences without resorting to doing a search in it. The previous versions of this were clean and simple to navigate.

The removal of the scheduled boot up and shut down and expecting people to do it via terminal is a joke.

I guess it's finally stable now though and they've resolved the file not found bug from Monterey.

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's now a year since they promised stuff and that stuff still hasn't been implemented so I've gone with the 'meh' option.

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
Every macOS version that doesn't have the ability to filter and sort spam/known/unknown texts, the same way it does on iOS, is a fail.

System preferences sucks, too.

loby

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
....I'd still be on Windows 98SE if I didn't need to upgrade.
LOL...Actually I too like Windows 98SE for what it was worth. Back in the day, it was decent for the time and demands. That brings back some memories. I also actually liked Windows Me though it seemed to bomb at the time. Windows 2000 was decent for me also.

But after switching to OS X back in the day, I would never want to go back to Windows. Actually, Windows 10 and 11 are decent OS's. If you are a Windows fan, this Era of Windows is the best probably and much stable than before. But I personally prefer Apple's OS's and for the future.

macOS Ventura has been a good OS for me. Still some bugs, but generally acceptable. I am curious about if macOS Sonoma will be good (if not great). Will have to wait until at least .4 to really know.

loby

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Every macOS version that doesn't have the ability to filter and sort spam/known/unknown texts, the same way it does on iOS, is a fail.

System preferences sucks, too.
Yes, System preferences does suck. They could have done a better job with changing it. I do not like the power management options, does not give enough control for power users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.