Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Ruby v. Ruby
BC09EED6-9A3F-432E-9D88-A86F4FE45FCB.jpeg

[automerge]1601974637[/automerge]
Dragon Fruit v. Raspberry v. Pink Fuchsia v. Berry
69521EBB-E985-4D8D-9828-D796DC918619.jpeg

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
I do like both a lot. I find the Sapphire a nice halfway point between the subdued Cosmos and the wild Electric. They each have different moods, but they’re all beautiful.
Yeah Electric is way too bright for me. I’ll have to see how I feel about sapphire when I see it in person. Thanks again for posting the pic!

Last edited:
Reactions: CodeRaven

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
And there’s a pretty good display for why the Classic Buckle was kicked to the curb. Too bad.... I prefer the style of the Classics to the Hermes, and as we’ve seen with Hermes... there are a lot of gorgeous colours they still could have done with the Classic.
I also preferred the price of the Classic Buckle to the Hermès :p

But yeah, I think it’s pretty clear that the Classic Buckle was too similar in styling to the Hermès line and was probably cannibalizing sales. I bet 9/10 people could not tell those two bands apart on your wrist. Why wouldn’t you opt for the far less expensive Classic Buckle in that case? It’s a shame for those of us who prefer a more traditional look in our leather bands though.

Reactions: CodeRaven

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I also preferred the price of the Classic Buckle to the Hermès :p

But yeah, I think it’s pretty clear that the Classic Buckle was too similar in styling to the Hermès line and was probably cannibalizing sales. I bet 9/10 people could not tell those two bands apart on your wrist. Why wouldn’t you opt for the far less expensive Classic Buckle in that case? It’s a shame for those of us who prefer a more traditional look in our leather bands though.
I see it as the classic buckle was too expensive, that spendy Apple customers were willing to go all the way to Hermes.

And I’ve actually been wondering did they really have a ton of colors left? All these new band types for fall ‘20, among other things, accomplish the task of getting to circle back to old colors a little bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.