Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coredev

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Bavaria
Since my Apple Watch Band collection is ever growing, and so is Apple's range of colors, I am at a point where it is increasingly difficult to remember the color names and distinguish between similar colors.
How do you guys deal with this? Are you leaving the bands in their boxes? Are you using stickers for the bands or do you use labeled trays?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

coredev

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Bavaria
Reactions: Kitkat52

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
I love the Bandbreite app and use it to know what I have already, but for those similar looking bands, it's no help for me.

I found this thread that shows the issue of very similar bands:

Do you have and keep bands that are extremely similar? I tend to sell them if they‘re basically the same.

If so, you‘re gonna need some sort of labeling I guess. I have seen neat examples of this but I can‘t recall by whom and in which thread.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
It would be extremely helpful if an app could suggest even 3 or 4 possible bands. As opposed to opening Bandbreite and wading through all of them.

But I think if the app was like the TV calibration process which setup parameters for holding your phone at a specific distance and location it might be more accurate than you think. If you hold up the phone like 6 inches away and trigger the flashlight it could help minimize the lighting condition variables. I’ll bet it could be over 70% accurate.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
There are plenty of completists out there who collect just to have everything. I am not one of them. I don't see a need to have 20 blues when there's really only 5 or 6 colors in there. Group them up by hue, select the best/favorite out of the set, keep that one, and sell the rest. I could maybe see keeping a favorite plus a similar one that matches a shirt you have or something, but not much more than that.

Here's my collection management. There are a few 3D-printable wall mounted designs out there, but I really wanted a system that mounts the bands from the middle, not the top. I designed this one myself. As for keeping track of names, I mostly just remember. I think it helps you remember if you're keeping them in the same order as they appear in your collection list on the app. I have plans to go back and design a new version of this holder that has room for a label to slip behind the band which will keep track of the names, but that'll be a while.

IMG_7878.jpg

EmmaLouWho

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2019
Since my Apple Watch Band collection is ever growing, and so is Apple's range of colors, I am at a point where it is increasingly difficult to remember the color names and distinguish between similar colors.
How do you guys deal with this? Are you leaving the bands in their boxes? Are you using stickers for the bands or do you use labeled trays?
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Here is how I label my bands. Type the name of the band on card stock paper, slide the label on the back or in between each band. Also, arrange the bands in my storage drawers by color arrangement in the Bandbreite app.

Nothing fancy but works for me. The only bands that are not labeled are the sport/solo loops. Still trying to figure the sport loops out how to label.

. IMG_6133.jpeg
IMG_6134.jpeg

Last edited:

captainjohnsmith

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2023
There are plenty of completists out there who collect just to have everything. I am not one of them. I don't see a need to have 20 blues when there's really only 5 or 6 colors in there. Group them up by hue, select the best/favorite out of the set, keep that one, and sell the rest. I could maybe see keeping a favorite plus a similar one that matches a shirt you have or something, but not much more than that.

Here's my collection management. There are a few 3D-printable wall mounted designs out there, but I really wanted a system that mounts the bands from the middle, not the top. I designed this one myself. As for keeping track of names, I mostly just remember. I think it helps you remember if you're keeping them in the same order as they appear in your collection list on the app. I have plans to go back and design a new version of this holder that has room for a label to slip behind the band which will keep track of the names, but that'll be a while.

IMG_7878.jpg
Is that the 4th gold bracelet in the bottom row? Super cool!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.