Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
iOS 9 works fine for me except with the Watch ESPN app. After selecting a stream, doesn't matter the channel, the app crashes to the desktop. It first happened on iOS 9 beta 5 and still happens on 9.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with a reboot in-between.

I reported it via feedback. Anyone else with this issue?

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
iOS 9 works fine for me except with the Watch ESPN app. After selecting a stream, doesn't matter the channel, the app crashes to the desktop. It first happened on iOS 9 beta 5 and still happens on 9.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with a reboot in-between.

I reported it via feedback. Anyone else with this issue?

Yeah, happened to me last night when I was trying to watch the game. App hasn't been updated yet.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Because they're not allowed to update it until iOS 9 is officially out.

Not true. See attached. Also, there are other apps that have been making tweaks along the way, not specifically stating it was an iOS9 compatibility thing but now work much better on iOS9 than at initial beta release.

IMG_0649.PNG

moomanjohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
California
Ok, thanks. I guess we'll just have to wait for ESPN to update it. Nothing we can really do except go back to iOS 8 if it's that important.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Ok, thanks. I guess we'll just have to wait for ESPN to update it. Nothing we can really do except go back to iOS 8 if it's that important.

The update is out now, but it's dated 11/3/14. The release notes state that it's updated for iOS 9, so it's probably an error with the servers right now. The current version works on the iPhone, but not the iPad.

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
The update is out now, but it's dated 11/3/14. The release notes state that it's updated for iOS 9, so it's probably an error with the servers right now. The current version works on the iPhone, but not the iPad.

That the one I re-downloaded earlier today.

I submitted a bug report to Apple and to ESPN.
-—-------------------------------

UPDATE: I guess maybe ESPN got my email. An update just showed up and suddenly it works now.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.