Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slvrscoobie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
NJ
So I know we can get apps, but where would we get the watch 'faces' (coming from pebble, the time telling 'faces' are separate from the Apps.
But I dont see any 'faces' on the itunes store..

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008
I think that's exactly it. It's the most basic, fundamental part of the watch. I think Apple really doesn't want badly designed watch faces on their product. Personally, I agree. I'm sure we'll see more watch faces but I can't see them opening it up completely.

Shiroi98

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
I think that's exactly it. It's the most basic, fundamental part of the watch. I think Apple really doesn't want badly designed watch faces on their product. Personally, I agree. I'm sure we'll see more watch faces but I can't see them opening it up completely.

Yeah, but Apple reviews the apps that are on the app store anyways! So they won't have any malicious looking face if they don't want to :p

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008
True but rejecting 99% of submitted watch faces wouldn't be the same. And apps aren't reviewed by designers for aesthetic reasons. It's very different.

----------

Malicious?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.