Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
I really like the jellyfish watchface but I wish I could have a couple of complications at the very bottom of the screen.

Hopefully we'll get some more control soon..

techguy9

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2014
I really like the jellyfish watchface but I wish I could have a couple of complications at the very bottom of the screen.

Hopefully we'll get some more control soon..
There's a rumor that complications will extend to developers so that might be possible soon.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
There's a rumor that complications will extend to developers so that might be possible soon.

My only concern is these could seriously hamper battery life. I've currently switched off the battery complication to see if this improves mine.

CellXor10

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Connecticut, USA
My only concern is these could seriously hamper battery life. I've currently switched off the battery complication to see if this improves mine.

Where did this idea that not using the battery complication improves the battery life come from? I've read a handful of posts on here today siting this as a step to help save battery life and not quite sure the rationale behind this having a significant impact.

I also have not had any sort of battery life issues for the near month I've had my Watch, so not looking for these suggestions on optimizing battery life- but just curious.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
I'd read it in a couple of threads and given mine didn't last the day two days ago, I'm giving it a go for a couple of days.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Apple's Apple Watch guidelines restrict the development of 3rd party watch faces. Specifically Apple says any app that has the ability to show/tell time will be rejected and removed.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
As far as selling watch faces goes, on the pebble watch most of the thousands of watch faces are free.

There was even a "Watch Face Generator" app that allows you to design your own watch face - within certain criteria. You have a lot more freedom than is currently given by apple, but there are still limits. I've used it several times to create watch faces that suit me. One of them has a large Apple logo in the center of a digital face with the date above it and the time in very large numbers below it.

I used it for a long to convince people that I was a tester for a Beta version of the forth coming Apple watch. I had fun until Apple made the announcement of the watch and showed what it was going to look like.

This was a share ware app designed by a developer. I doubt that Apple will have anything like it, but you never know. Right now Apple will not let anyone else mess with the watch faces, but in 3 months or more who knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.