Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infinitejest

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2016
Orange County, CA
Did anyone else’s watch next section in the TV app get totally messed up?
For some reason it now shows me titles I’ve already watched and a lot of stuff I’ve added to the list is gone.
This happened a couple of days ago and I hoped it would go back to normal but it hasn’t.

MilaM

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2017
I have the same problem. Lately the TV app won't even mark episodes as watched. I have to do it manually. It also does not save the progress in each episode.

The shows are quite ok, but the App is terrible.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
Try doing a hard reset on the Apple TV. Hold down the Back+Home buttons until the light on the front of the device flashes. See if that helps.

MilaM

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2017
Try doing a hard reset on the Apple TV. Hold down the Back+Home buttons until the light on the front of the device flashes. See if that helps.
Thank you! I tried the restart option from the settings menu, but that did not help at all. I will try the "Hard Reset" tonight.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
I have the same problem. Lately the TV app won't even mark episodes as watched. I have to do it manually. It also does not save the progress in each episode.

The shows are quite ok, but the App is terrible.

It is hard to imagine, horrible to conceive really, a more pathetic app than Apple TV. A third rate, mismanaged team coded that garbage.

MilaM

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2017
I think I fixed the problem I was having by signing out and in again. Maybe you wanna try that too.
This finally worked. I logged out of iCloud and then back in. Now the Apple TV app on my Apple TV hardware works again.

I'll have to check if that also applies to the Apple TV app on my LG TV though. It was also broken there.

The "hard reset" did not make a difference by the way. I tried that before signing out of iCloud as proposed by infinitejest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.