Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Graverobber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2021
After updating to 10.1, my Series 8 watch no longer shows various Shortcuts as an option for inclusion as a complication. It shows Shortcuts, but there's no way to select a specific shortcut any longer. I do have "Show on Apple Watch" selected for the shortcut I want to show, and have tried rebooting both the watch and the phone to no avail. I've tried changing the complication in both the iPhone app and on the watch itself, again without success.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

tulshyan.praneet

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2024
Hi!

So I had been having the same issue since a while. In fact, funnily, on the same day in the morning, when I first made a watch face complication as shortcuts, the entire list appeared. Later that day, when I went to change it, it disappeared. Only Shortcuts app showed, and no list of my shortcuts.

After searching a lot on the web, came across this link - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254725707?sortBy=best - and the steps worked for me-

iPhone: Settings, iCloud, in Apps Using iCloud expand and find Shortcuts, disable it and enable it back after a few seconds.

Looks like it's an iCloud sync issue with shortcuts. The above fixed it for now. Along with this, one can also try restarting the watch, the phone, and / or unpairing and re-pairing the watch. But re-syncing iCloud should do the trick.

Hope this helps!

P. S. I can see all my shortcuts now, but why is each shortcut from the complication of a watch face asking me to tap 'Run' and not running directly when I tap on it? The 'Show when Run' option is disabled in iPhone shortcuts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.