Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Five_Oh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
Flyover Country, USA
I have searched, but can't find anyone with a problem exactly like this:

My watch sometimes stops giving notifications. It has been happening about once a week or slightly more. The big problem with this is that my phone still THINKS the watch is giving notifications, because it stays silent and the screen doesn't illuminate. Thus, I miss calls, texts and other things until I realize I haven't gotten a notification in awhile and manually check my phone.

The only thing I can do to fix it is turn off the watch and then turn it back on. This has become quite annoying. Anyone else experience this issue, or have a solution?

The watch is a series 3 cellular version if that matters. The issue has been observed with and without cellular activated on the watch.

Thanks in advance!

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
On the watch, swipe up to make sure mute alerts, Do Not Disturb, threatre mode, or airplane mode are not on.

On the watch app, make sure haptic and volume is at least a bit up.

Reactions: matrix07

Five_Oh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
Flyover Country, USA
On the watch, swipe up to make sure mute alerts, Do Not Disturb, threatre mode, or airplane mode are not on.

On the watch app, make sure haptic and volume is at least a bit up.

None of these are causing my problem, anyway. It happens without warning, and without interacting with the watch or watch app. No settings have to be changed to fix it. I just have to turn the watch off and then on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.