Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
My SS Watch One has had a battery update three years ago and until yesterday was working great doing daily backup to my SS 5. While the 5 was charging I changed a complication on one of the faces and a short time later the watch went into a reboot loop.
It boots to display the time and immediately reboots without an opportunity to ask it to reset/unpair. I think a restore would fix it.

A hard reset does not change the behavior. It is now rebooting continuously sitting on the charger and does not seem to have a opportunity to charge enough for the battery icon flashing for a few seconds with the time to get out of red.

Is there any other way to force a clearing of the config?

It is likely too old to be helped by Apple Genius or care.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
My SS Watch One has had a battery update three years ago and until yesterday was working great doing daily backup to my SS 5. While the 5 was charging I changed a complication on one of the faces and a short time later the watch went into a reboot loop.
It boots to display the time and immediately reboots without an opportunity to ask it to reset/unpair. I think a restore would fix it.

A hard reset does not change the behavior. It is now rebooting continuously sitting on the charger and does not seem to have a opportunity to charge enough for the battery icon flashing for a few seconds with the time to get out of red.

Is there any other way to force a clearing of the config?

It is likely too old to be helped by Apple Genius or care.
If the hard reset hasn’t fixed it then it’s time to thank it for it’s job, remember the journey, then bid it a find adieu.

It’s dead, Jim.

There is a DFU mode, but it’s not the route to go because without the appropriate iBus dongle, it’s all but useless.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
It was a dead battery that recovered!
I put it on a charger and averted my eyes as it rebooted for a few hours. Then it settled down. It is now 1/4 charged and behaving normally as it gets fully charged. Will let it sit over night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.