Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

World Citizen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
So... it's either:
- I am a idiot,
- Apple BT sucks
- I had a bug which I liked and can't reproduce it.

Yes I am very happy with my watch, it's more then I thought it would be, but what the hell is going on with Bluetooth and music streaming!!! I am completely lost here, and am starting to talk trash about Apple BT, which I have never done before. But I can not imagine this doesn't work like I want it.. so it must be me who is failing.

I have:
- iPhone with locally stored music
- Watch without music
- Bluetooth receiver without autoconnect

I was able to:
(connected watch once to BT receiver)
(connected iPhone once to BT receiver)
- Walk up to my BT receiver,
- Tap the watch,
- Press play,
- select the Bluetooth receiver
- Play music from iPhone to the BT receiver

It's important to know that when this worked, my Watch was connected to the BT receiver. NOT the iPhone. There is no autoconnect on my BT receiver, so if I get in range I ALWAYS had to manually select the BT receiver on my Watch.

And somehow this has changed and things don't work anymore. If I now press play on my watch, it doesn't ask me where to play, it immediately starts playing on the iPhone speaker. I am not able anymore to handoff the music to the BT receiver.
Even if I ForcePress the volume icon on my Watch, it only gives me the option the use the iPhone speaker, and not the Bluetooth receiver.

What am I doing wrong?

I have to make super clear there is NO autoconnect in my situation. If you think my phone was autoconnected to the BT receiver, and my watch was a remote for the phone, I guarantee you this was not the case. When it worked only my watch was connected to the BT receiver and was handing the iPhone music Off to the BT receiver.

So music was hopping from phone to watch to bt receiver.

If anyone can shed some light on this ... please please make this clear :) I am totally lost and start to become annoyed.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.