Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BRMperc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2019
I had to "upgrade" to wOS 10 last week because of iOS 17.4, and I've noticed that the touch screen will just stop responding for a while. If I press the side button and crown a few times it starts responding again, but I haven't found a set number of times to press them. My mom has been complaining about this for a while, but she updated when it came out. I'm on an S5 and she's on an S6. My battery is at 87%, which seems nuts because the battery drains like crazy.

Is anyone else having this issue? I tried searching but count find it in the forums, so I apologize if you've all been through this already. It's really annoying. My watch was fine on OS 9, and I was hoping to make it through the year to the next gen watches.

Nodnerb

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2023
I've had this just since the last update. So far I *think* it has only happened when clearing notifications and it hangs on the "no Notifications" screen and as you've said, takes several button presses to clear. Either that or it is just a random amount time and button pressing does nothing. Hard to know cause so far when its happened I always start mashing buttons as we tend to do when something doesn't work. I'll try resist that temptation next time and see if goes away. Either way though, seems to be a new bug with 10.4 because it had never done it before that.

In fact I was checking here yesterday to see if anyone posted this so I'm glad to see your post.

BRMperc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for the response. For me (and my mom), it happens when trying to tap on an app on the face. I don't have to have been doing anything. In fact, even though the always-on face lights up a bit, it's kind of like the rest of the watch is still in sleep mode. I can't tap on an app and have it work, but it's also not every time.

I can't begin to describe all of the things I dislike about OS 10, but this is at the top, since it means I can't actually use the watch. Maybe, since you've been on other OS 10 releases, you have a different yet similar bug? They're both pretty annoying!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.