Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
I had my series 6 aluminum AW for about a year. No scratches at all. In fact, when I traded it in at Apple, the guy laughed and said it looked brand new!

Big_D

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
Germany
I have the 44mm Watch SE and after 2 weeks, there were a few small scratches visible, which is why I quickly ordered the Spigen protectors. The Spigen is not showing any scratches after a further 2 weeks of use.

I had only worn mine under a pullover or with my winter jacket. I hadn’t scraped it against anything. It was just wearing it under clothing and in bed…

That said, I was shocked, when I saw my wife’s. She said again, that she hadn’t scraped it against anything and that it was always under a sleeve.

wpalomine

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
I've scratched 2 ionX Nike AWs. The scratches pictures is similar to my AW that rubbed on a cement pool wall. My other watch was 'cloudy' around the edges from daily use, including races and training.

Switched to sapphire glass. So far no scratches, but will reserve judgment after a full season.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
I have fine scratches on my series 4 that go in the same direction - diagonally top-right to bottom-left (got the same ones on all my Apples Watches). I don't know what causes them. I almost never wear sleeves that come down that far, even in winter. I always roll up my sleeves and don't often wear coats or jackets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.