Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CharlesMP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2015
Do you think the next release in the Apple Watch line (series 3?) will also be compatible with existing bands?

I have a 1st gen and intend to upgrade to whatever comes next (series 1 and 2 were not significant enough updates for me to upgrade)

I have a couple bands but I'm trying to decide if I should buy more bands or hold off on buying bands until there is news regarding the next watch.

There is probably no solid info about this but I'd appreciate some speculation from anyone who may have some insight or a more informed guess.

----

Edit: I just found this very similar thread sorry for being redundant: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ds-are-compatible-with-apple-watch-2.1970916/

Last edited:

bbednarz57

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2015
Given how expensive they and the fact that a lot of people have invested a lot of money I would hope they would keep it. The design really is fantastic and something that you never hear issues with. Super easy to use and never seems to come loose involuntarily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.