Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gogirl238

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2024
My Series 5 watch was stolen by a someone, I know who, however it would be very illegal of me to get it back from them the way I want to. I have reported this to the police and marked the watch as missing on my find app, now here’s the catch, my watch hasn’t been updated since it was stolen in late October, but it is still paired to my phone, and it seems that I get notifications for the update on my phone when the watch comes within a certain distance from my phone. The watch is dead and didn’t get updated so it doesn’t have the fully still findable function but I have figured out or I’m fairly certain that it has a partial findable function when dead, which is the distance thing I mentioned, based on the times that I have received the update notifications on my phone. Absent tracking this person down and forcibly searching for my watch, which they are definitely deserving of, or catching this person on my property, good possibility, I am not sure how to proceed with recovering my watch and my other property that was stolen from me by this person, the police are useless in this matter because, well I won’t get into that mess right now!!! Anyone have any ideas for what I could do??

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
The obvious answer is the police, but you've ruled that out already.

Monkswhiskers

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2018
Well if you don't want to sort this out in person and you don't wan't to get the police involved then I guess the only other option is to get/pay somebody to sort it out for you. This could end up being it's own crime depending how persuasive the person is.
Is it really worth it for a pretty much out of date AW?
I would just let karma play it's course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.