Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Syke23z

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
California
Hey! I am a registered developer and updated to WatchOS 2 today. Unfortunately, I am stuck on the Apple Logo + Circle. Anyone else see this. Unless it does not move within the next hour, looks like a factory reset. :(

Reactions: samiznaetekto

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
I had a similar issue but a simple hard reset forced the install to continue and it's now running very well.

Haxley

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2010
By "Apple logo + circle" do you mean the installation phase of watchOS 2? I currently have the Apple logo with loading circle or seconds-dashes around the logo. The circle looks a little more than 3/4 full but has seemingly stopped the installation. Should I do a hard reset as suggested? The Apple Watch app says I have watchOS 2, as if it's already completed. During the watchOS 2 installation my phone had an alert asking me to verify my Apple ID. The alert froze the phone, then 2 minutes later rebooted the spring board. It seems correlated with the freeze of the watchOS installation. Again, should I hard restart the watch even though it is in the middle of the installation? Installation (apple logo with seconds-ticks-circle) has been frozen for about 30 minutes.

Syke23z

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
California
By "Apple logo + circle" do you mean the installation phase of watchOS 2? I currently have the Apple logo with loading circle or seconds-dashes around the logo. The circle looks a little more than 3/4 full but has seemingly stopped the installation. Should I do a hard reset as suggested? The Apple Watch app says I have watchOS 2, as if it's already completed. During the watchOS 2 installation my phone had an alert asking me to verify my Apple ID. The alert froze the phone, then 2 minutes later rebooted the spring board. It seems correlated with the freeze of the watchOS installation. Again, should I hard restart the watch even though it was in the middle of the installation? Installation (apple logo with seconds-ticks-circle) has been frozen for about 30 minutes.
I had the same thing. Did a factory reset and then upon repairing I was given the option to use a backup. Forunately a backup that said WatchOS 2.0 appeared and I used that. My UDID is registered also. I would try a factory reset; it worked for me
1) Do a factory Reset
2) Repair your Watch
3) Select Restore from Backup (WatchOS 2.0)
4) You'll be good to go.

Reactions: Haxley

Haxley

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2010
I had the same thing. Did a factory reset and then upon repairing I was given the option to use a backup. Forunately a backup that said WatchOS 2.0 appeared and I used that. My UDID is registered also. I would try a factory reset; it worked for me
1) Do a factory Reset
2) Repair your Watch
4) You'll be good to go.

Thanks for the quick response. I did "erase all contents and settings" from the Apple Watch app on my iPhone. It's moving now; will report back.

Haxley

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2010
1) Do a factory Reset
2) Repair your Watch
4) You'll be good to go.

It worked! Perfect instructions, thank you so much :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.