Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Ordering the Ultra and can't decide between the Alpine Orange Loop or Yellow Ocean Band?

What you think?

Gsxr750

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2022
I find the ocean band more comfortable. Really like the color of the orange alpine band. Ultimately returned the alpine band and went back to the yellow ocean band my ultra came with. Bought the midnight ocean band yesterday. I like the yellow, but it draws too much attention for me

JWGold

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
United States
I have all three Ocean bands, and the yellow is my favorite. I have an orange and the green Alpine loop. I think my overall favorite is the yellow Ocean band. As far as comfort goes, I’ll give the nod to the Ocean band. The Alpine loop doesn’t fit me quite right.

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
I returned the ocean, the alpine is more secure and comfortable, ocean wasn't even long enough for me. Alpine is wider too, ocean doesn't look right imo.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Many other colors are available from third parties.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Many other colors are available from third parties.

Do not trust these third party sellers when they say it is fluoroelastomer. My experience with sport bands is they flat out lie, and the bands are in fact silicone, which is much nastier and is a lint magnet. A couple of weeks later the seller disappears off Amazon and reappears under another name, thus wiping out all its negative reviews.

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
Rather than color, think about whether you want a waterproof Fluoroelastomer band shaped more like the Sport Band near the watch or a nylon fabric band with titanium lugs.

F308gt4

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2020
For sure, yellow ocean. Feels great, looks awesome, and I dislike orange.

Do not trust these third party sellers when they say it is fluoroelastomer. My experience with sport bands is they flat out lie, and the bands are in fact silicone, which is much nastier and is a lint magnet. A couple of weeks later the seller disappears off Amazon and reappears under another name, thus wiping out all its negative reviews.

One thing I’ve noticed about the Apple bands is that when I barbecue, the bands do not pick up a smoke smell. The third party bands will smell like smoke for weeks afterwards. This alone is the reason I shell out the money for the genuine Apple bands.

Reactions: nsappleuser

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
For sure, yellow ocean. Feels great, looks awesome, and I dislike orange.

One thing I’ve noticed about the Apple bands is that when I barbecue, the bands do not pick up a smoke smell. The third party bands will smell like smoke for weeks afterwards. This alone is the reason I shell out the money for the genuine Apple bands.

This! I work with fire investigations and damage/recovery work and spend a lot of time in burnt out buildings that reek of smoke, wood being the worst to stay. EVERYTHING worn not made out of glass or metal needs to be washed properly, but one thing, and that’s the Apple Watch flourelastomer bands. They just wont pick up anything. It’s amazing really, for my first AW I got an extra sport band for fire investigations, but no need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.