Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gmouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
Lakewood, CO
While we're building our house in Waco, TX, we're living in an apartment that doesn't allow us to use DirecTV (which would give us the ability to watch the Detroit feed and NHL Center Ice), and the TIVO-based cable TV we must use doesn't offer either of these.

My wife is the big fan, and the TV in the living room only has the Samsung App Store applications, and neither NHL or FUBO are available from that store.

Looking into getting an Apple TV--I know we can get the NHL and FUBO apps and probably use them to watch at least some Red Wings games, but, does anyone know if we can watch the Fox Sports-Detroit feed via some other application or service? My wife is a die-hard Red Wings fan, and missing watching her team play with their own commentators.

Thanks!

niteflyr

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2011
Southern Cal
Not sure I understand the question. Whatever you can watch on Directv NHL Center Ice, you should be able to watch via NHL Center Ice app on Apple TV or your smart phone even.

Gmouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
Lakewood, CO
They don't have the Center Ice capability, just the "NHL App", and it doesn't have Fox Sports-Detroit available for us in Texas. With DirecTV, you can do it all, but, haven't found any kind of a streaming app that does same. And, imagine not just true for Red Wings fans, but for other teams as well... We were just curious if anyone else had found a better way.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.