Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philpalmiero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
NOVA
I am watching Google's event today. This is the first time I've ever watch a non-Apple tech event. Google needs to kick up its theatrics and presentation skills. Their presenters are robotic. Apple does a much better job.

Apple_Jacks

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2022
We're just all very used to clean, smooth, rehearsed presentations and presenters that don't get rattled easily. Nearly everyone in Google's events looks robotic, sounds quiet and monotone, and stumbled multiple times - I get it, a few gaffs are human but it always feels like the events are an afterthought. It strikes me this is something they think is required work rather than something they look forward to.

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
Thing is, if Google did anything remotely similar to that of Apples presentations, people would just say they were copying.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Reactions: jamezr

Apple_Jacks

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2022
Being excited about your product launches and sounding well rehearsed are not Apple trademarks, but definitely something I've come to expect. Everyone is accused of copying everyone so I'm not sure why that matters, they took plenty of overt jabs at Apple during their presentation.

Google did do something different, they held a totally live event; except instead of using a theater they used a shoe box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.