Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codeman7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
watchOS 10 has been a bit rocky on my Series 6. I've been having an odd bug where I often cannot swipe down on my watch to view the notifications center (incidentally, nor can I swipe up to get to widgets, although the crown still works to get there). I can open apps, and operate everything else normally, but the only thing that seems to fix this bug is restarting the watch. Then it works for a while until it doesn't again.

I've tried unpairing/re-pairing once and it didn't fix this. I haven't seen other reports of this. Any ideas?

Eugr

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
watchOS 10 has been a bit rocky on my Series 6. I've been having an odd bug where I often cannot swipe down on my watch to view the notifications center (incidentally, nor can I swipe up to get to widgets, although the crown still works to get there). I can open apps, and operate everything else normally, but the only thing that seems to fix this bug is restarting the watch. Then it works for a while until it doesn't again.

I've tried unpairing/re-pairing once and it didn't fix this. I haven't seen other reports of this. Any ideas?

I’ve had this one too, after upgrading to 10.1. 10.0 was fine. A reboot fixes it, but then it comes back. I’ve upgraded to S9 shortly after that, and it hasn’t had that issue.

atmuwben

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2013
Same issue on AW5, 10.1.1:

Can’t swipe down.
Notification screen freezes.
Pressing Clear All does nothing.

codeman7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
I thought this had been fixed with one of the latest updates, but it’s happening to me again. Anyone on the 10.2 RC seeing this?

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
I thought this had been fixed with one of the latest updates, but it’s happening to me again. Anyone on the 10.2 RC seeing this?
Still happening with me. Driving me nuts with my AW5, on WatchOS 10.2 (release version). Have to restart to get swiping to work properly again.

WTF? This is like really, really basic functionality. Why can't they get this right? Anyhow, I've reported it to Apple.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I ended up setting my watch up as new (not from a backup) and that fixed the issue. Not an ideal solution, but it did work.

Reactions: EugW

codeman7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
I ended up setting my watch up as new (not from a backup) and that fixed the issue. Not an ideal solution, but it did work.
Unfortunately for me, I set up my iPhone and Watch as new (new iPhone, didn't restore either from backup), and it’s still happening.

• Sad
Reactions: atmuwben and EugW

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
With WatchOS 10.3.1, I can confirm that this has NOT been fixed for my S6.
Have you tried setting up the Watch as new again? I didn't have to do that for my S5 with 10.3 but some people said various bugs went away when they reset the Watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.