Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scarylarry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2019
I went up from S7 to S9 and updated to watchOS 10/iOS 17 all on the same day, so I don't know what is causing the problem.

Ever since getting the S9 and using watchOS 10 and iOS 17, my watch isn't tracking sleep segments. In the Health app, I just get a solid blue bar showing time in bed, which seems to be accurate fwiw. What I don't get is info like core sleep, deep sleep, REM, etc.

I have toggled everything off and on, deleted all my sleep focus schedules and made new ones, and I've restarted the phone and the watch multiple times. No improvement. Any other ideas?

Should I try to exchange the watch, or should I assume this is a software issue and wait for the next update?

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
It happened to me twice last week, each time after an OS update (10.0 and 10.0.1). I changed my sleep schedules by a minute and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Reactions: scarylarry

scarylarry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2019
Changing my sleep schedule did not help yesterday, but I’ll try again. Glad to know I’m not alone with this issue. Thanks! Hope it gets resolved soon.

Reactions: webbuzz

Sheranne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2020
I had this problem last night on my S8 for the first time. I also have the AutoSleep app, and it tracked my sleep normally. I updated both my phone and watch last week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.