Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

somainer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2016
If, like me, you are bummed with how watchOS 3.2 (actually probably since 3.1) "broke" the calendar complication, then please consider providing feedback to Apple at: https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

Here is what I submitted - feel free to use this text:
  • SUBJECT = Recent watchOS release causes calendar complication to show next event instead of current one
  • FEEDBACK TYPE = Report a problem
  • COMMENTS = Calendar complication in 3.2 shows next event after 15 minutes into current event, whereas in previous OS versions the current event remained visible until it was completed. This is a problem for 2 reasons: 1) I can no longer see how much time I have left in my current appointment by simply looking at my watch face; 2) I can no longer reliably check if I have something scheduled later in the day using time travel, because if the time I check is more than 15 minutes into a pre-existing appointment then time travel will not show the conflicting appointment (for example, if I have events scheduled from 7-8:30 pm and 10-11 pm, and use the digital crown to advance time travel to 8 pm, then the complication will show my 10-11 pm event, leading me to think that I have nothing scheduled at 8 pm).

I wish this simply were a bug... but a senior Apple support person whom I reported this to received confirmation from an Apple engineer that it's actually a new "feature."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.