Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bessons

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
1. Why change the design of the ring icon? Closed rings look like open rings. @Apple #CloseMyRings

2. Mickey Mouse does not say time when touched. Reboot the watch and Apple's instruction did not help. #MickeyTalk!

#watchos6bugs

MarGera332

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2015
My wife had the same issue with Mickey not speaking and we realised that the watch was on silent.

iMarc845

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2008
Rockland County, NY
Mickey will not speak the time. I have tried numerous fixes listed on Apple Disscussion boards that have worked for others but they are not working for my Series 3. Tried the remove/reinstall Mickey face; turn on VoiceOver; made sure all Settings are correct (not silent); set alert volume to max; various restarts of watch & iPhone; etc.
It worked fine before I "updated" to watchOS 6 and iOS 13.
I spoke with an Apple Advisor and an Apple Senior Advisor... nothing they suggested has worked either.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Mickey will not speak the time. I have tried numerous fixes listed on Apple Disscussion boards that have worked for others but they are not working for my Series 3. Tried the remove/reinstall Mickey face; turn on VoiceOver; made sure all Settings are correct (not silent); set alert volume to max; various restarts of watch & iPhone; etc.
It worked fine before I "updated" to watchOS 6 and iOS 13.
I spoke with an Apple Advisor and an Apple Senior Advisor... nothing they suggested has worked either.
My series 1 works. I just lightly put two fingers on any watch face, including Mickey, for a moment, lift, then after a short delay it voices the time. You do need to have “speak time” set to on in the clock settings.

xdhd350

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2010
Wife having same issue with her series 3. Mickey won’t talk anymore.

Also, I have a daily alarm on my iPhone that used to also sound off on my watch, along with options to snooze or stop. I no longer get anything on watch and have to go to the phone to silence the alarm which is not always easy to do, depending on what I’m doing.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Where is the famed compass on the AW 5? I don't think I'll have much use for it, but I don't see it among my apps.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Just updated to 6, I now have a monochrome Infograph face. Huh?!

I guess I'll do a screenshot and create a new face in color.
Oddly, the monochrome look is...well interesting, different I guess. lol
6O8V1Xb.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.