Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniesy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Mars
Hey, did anyone have any problems unlocking their mac with Apple watch on beta 5? I get these errors in the console

"Watch missing LTK and is unable to communicate with Companion to potentially sync it"
"Pairing lock session notifying delegate with error: Error Domain=SFAutoUnlockErrorDomain Code=196 "Your Mac was unable to communicate with your Apple Watch." UserInfo={SFAutoUnlockManagerErrorBody=Make sure your Apple Watch is unlocked and on your wrist, and your iPhone is unlocked., NSLocalizedDescription=Your Mac was unable to communicate with your Apple Watch., SFAutoUnlockManagerErrorTitle=Your Mac was unable to communicate with your Apple Watch.}"

Do you guys have a clue what they mean?

Last edited:

Hobbsee

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2020
Also the same here, rebooting / signing out of icloud on either device doesn‘t work.

asfalloth

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013
London
Weird, my Series 5 watch unlocks my MacBook Pro (Catalina) and my iMac (Big Sur), it did this also on watch OS 7 Beta 5 as well.

daniesy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Mars
The strange thing is that it started working again on Beta 6, but after I reset the watch, it's not working anymore...

rurza

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
The strange thing is that it started working again on Beta 6, but after I reset the watch, it's not working anymore...
Yep. The same here. Everything was fine after the upgrade, but when I reset the watch (by erasing all the data and settings) it doesn't work anymore. Anyway, I've sent a feedback. Apple asked me for logs from both Mac and Apple Watch and I'm still waiting for any response.

explosive0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
Houston
Yep. The same here. Everything was fine after the upgrade, but when I reset the watch (by erasing all the data and settings) it doesn't work anymore. Anyway, I've sent a feedback. Apple asked me for logs from both Mac and Apple Watch and I'm still waiting for any response.
Keep us posted if you get a resolution from Apple

explosive0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
Houston
Finally got mine to work. I reset my AW and restored it to a backup I had from WatchOS 6 (this doesn't downgrade from WatchOS 7, it just restored the settings from a previous version of WatchOS). After the restore, I was able to enable from my MacBook Pro.

Reactions: wHD

wHD

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Lyon, France
Finally got mine to work. I reset my AW and restored it to a backup I had from WatchOS 6 (this doesn't downgrade from WatchOS 7, it just restored the settings from a previous version of WatchOS). After the restore, I was able to enable from my MacBook Pro.
Thanks for the info ?

ThatDude626

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2020
Same here.. Watch Series 3 os beta 5 is not unlocking MacBook now... Tried every trick in book... reseting both devices on wifi.. bluetooth... signed in/out of iCloud... rebooted both devices... Now attempting a watch restore. Fingers Crossed!

Reactions: jaster2

ThatDude626

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2020
Same here.. Watch Series 3 os beta 5 is not unlocking MacBook now... Tried every trick in book... reseting both devices on wifi.. bluetooth... signed in/out of iCloud... rebooted both devices... Now attempting a watch restore. Fingers Crossed!
No luck with restore... Keep getting message that reads "Make sure your Apple Watch is unlocked and on wrist, and your iPhone is unlocked."

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

petterihiisila

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Finland
No luck with restore... Keep getting message that reads "Make sure your Apple Watch is unlocked and on wrist, and your iPhone is unlocked."

Same here. I had a problem with the watch and had to reset it from scrach to WatchOS 7 beta, not from a backup. And still can’t check that box. Same error.

D3ggy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2019
Same here. I had a problem with the watch and had to reset it from scrach to WatchOS 7 beta, not from a backup. And still can’t check that box. Same error.

I also tried it and it didn’t work, worse still one of my credit cards is stuck in a verification loop when I tried to re-add it, other cards added fine.

arfung

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2015
Same problem here. I re-paired the watch and can no longer get it to unlock my Mac. I filed feedback report and am hoping they will fix in next beta.

rurza

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
I also can't confirm Apple Pay transactions made on my Mac on Apple Watch. The error looks very similar to the one with failed setup of auto unlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.